Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Godsent (revised and explained)

Its the little unexpected things that make our life interesting. We make plans, we create schedules to stick to, and yet always SOMETHING happens that makes us reconsider or (worse) does not even give us an option of that.

There I was desperate looking into my computer screen, knowing that I am already days behind my schedule, that I might not manage to send my very important papers for the university just because I visited the ORACLE. Although I asked Neo for precautions, he did not prepare me for that, and the reason was once more a communication failure. He couldnt speak greek. So neither did the Oracle.

When I shouted in the cyberspace, Morpheus sent me the blue pill and I quickly woke up from this nighmare with the power of my own mind. No, I didnt really take it.

Huh! I managed to fly! I created matter, houses and TABLES, I INSERTed information into odd brains, I made and solved the QUERIES of our universe. I JOINed and SELECTED, I DROPPED and I found. I shouted and I was heard. Untill...

"Red Alert! Red Alert! Injection effort, Hacker attemp. You are now being DUMBed but unfortunately not correctly. :)"

There was another user running on the road to hell. And I had forgotten to delete him.

My problem was now twofold, I couldnt dumb the matrix although I really had to and I couldnt ask Morpheus for the blue pill because it would have expired by the time he sent it.

With the power of my own mind I sought for truth, but alas! in the wrong order.

At least I tried. I did everything a decept man could do...when the Window of Liberation suddenly flashed through my screen! I didnt know what it was and I didnt care to wonder where it came from, all I wanted was IT and I greedily got it as fast as a man could ever do so...

So the journey goes on with hopefully plently of the good and little of the bad surprises.

Godsent Explained
====================

>>Its the little unexpected things that make our life interesting. We make plans, we create
>>schedules to stick to, and yet always SOMETHING happens that makes us reconsider or
>>(worse) does not even give us an option of that.

Its refering to my efforts on planing my prodigy-studying which includes solving difficult assignments that should take 20 days in 2 days time.

>>There I was desperate looking into my computer screen, knowing that I am already days
>>behind my schedule, that I might not manage to send my very important papers for the
>>university just because I visited the ORACLE. Although I asked Neo for precautions, he did
>>not prepare me for that, and the reason was once more a communication failure. He couldnt
>>speak greek. So neither did the Oracle.

Oracle was the database we had to use for this assignment. Oracle proved to be a real ORACLE. It created a few problems with the greek encoding and I was reading Neo (is the documentation and manuals) for advice.

>>When I shouted in the cyberspace, Morpheus sent me the blue pill and I quickly woke up
>>from this nighmare with the power of my own mind. No, I didnt really take it.

Morpheus is my professor, the blue pill was his reply to my problem. Which I didnt really use because I found the solution to the greek encoding in oracle myself.

>>Huh! I managed to fly! I created matter, houses and TABLES, I INSERTed information into
>> odd brains, I made and solved the QUERIES of our universe. I JOINed and SELECTED, I
>> DROPPED and I found. I shouted and I was heard. Untill...

And when I overcome that problem I started working on the database I had to build succesfully. I created tables, inserted data and performed complex queries.

>>"Red Alert! Red Alert! Injection effort, Hacker attemp. You are now being DUMBed but
>> unfortunately not correctly. :)"
>>There was another user running on the road to hell. And I had forgotten to delete him.

Then I faced another problem. I had reinstalled oracle but I couldnt dumb the database in a correct manner since it had stored the previous user which was the same I was using now.

>>My problem was now twofold, I couldnt dumb the matrix although I really had to and I
>>couldnt ask Morpheus for the blue pill because it would have expired by the time he sent it.

I couldnt ask my professor for advice because the deadline to sent the assignment might have expired until he replied.

>>With the power of my own mind I sought for truth, but alas! in the wrong order.

I tried to unistall Oracle again by using instruction for NT windows (thats what the university gave us), but I followed them in the wrong order. I should have unistalled firstly and then end the processes and delete the registry keys. And I deleted the registry keys first.

>>At least I tried. I did everything a decept man could do...when the Window of Liberation
>>suddenly flashed through my screen! I didnt know what it was and I didnt care to wonder
>> where it came from, all I wanted was IT and I greedily got it as fast as a man could ever do
>> so...

I thought that I wouldnt be able to finish my assignment. But I decided that I did the best I could. The oracle system for uninstalling itself could not detect installed products. But suddently a window flashed showing me the installed products. I pressed unistall without thinking too much about where this window came from...

>>So the journey goes on with hopefully plently of the good and little of the bad surprises.

Oracle is really odd. It still wasnt unistalled succesfully, so I searched through the whole internet to find out how to create a new database. Since the passwords given to us from the univerisity did not work (stupid to even consider the possibility of something working from the uni :P) I created a new user. And I did the database with that user. God knows if the dumbing was then correct.

2 comments:

Indeterminacy said...

Welcome back after your long absence! I really missed stopping by here.

You have amazing dreams, dear Witch of Viruses.

admin said...

Thanks Indie! I missed writing here as well.

Actually this was not a dream. This was just a cryptic way of describing what I went through to complete an assignment for the university which was based in Oracle and sql language.

I ll post an commentary on it now.