Thursday, April 13, 2006

NVU html editor disappoints

I have been using dreamweaver by Macromedia as an html editor and have been very happy about it actually. However, I sensed a certain resentment towards it by css enthousiasts. NVU is a freeware html editor, unlike Dreamweaver and is being praised as a better alternative. I used it but got very disappointed because it is unable to handle greek characters. It automatically translates them into entities which makes the editing of the source code entirely impossible. I posted in their support forum a while ago but received no reply about this problem. Also it just creates very strange piece of code with html tags I have never seen before. Maybe a side-effect of the greek entities? The code it produced was not compatible with the webstandards and it did not validate. Dreaweaver on the other hand did validate.

No comments: