Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Some facts about Lyme Disease

Many people are not familiar with the disease that infected ticks can trasmit to humans and it may actually sound like a science fiction scenario. I lived in country (Austria) with infected ticks, however, and was forced to become aware of this situation. I would like to tramsit this awareness through this posting. What reminded me of infected ticks was this:

Tick Bite and Lyme Disease Prevention.

Lyme Disease can be a very serious condition. Back in 2001 we were all vaccinated against Lyme Disease and I only now got to know that the vaccine was removed from the market because "of concerns that it may produce a mild form of the disease or arthritis disorders. The infection can be serious if it is not treated early."

Sadly, I never wanted to to this strange vaccine but I was sort of forced to in the ballet academy I was studying. I never went for the second and third part of it, so that is something! I did develope a sort of arthritis during that time but it was most likely due to the intensive ballet training and not due to the vaccine. Or so I hope.

No comments: