Tuesday, December 13, 2005

My cat

Just a normal blog entry today, I dont want to loose touch with my electronical diary. On the other hand I dont find it meanigfull to post personal things. I am not sure why. It feels as if they loose their original significance when I write them down. The following ones are harmless though (until I decide otherwise and delete them :D).
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

We have 7 wild cats living around our house. One of them, the Hobbit, is my favourite one, he has been around since many years and has a history behind him that would take too long to describe. Two of the other cats are his girlfriends! and the rest their kids! But he is the master of the cats. He is the most serious cat I have ever met. He doesnt fool around like the other ones, he has a steady gaze when he is looking at me and has the ability to concentrate for a long time on one situation or subject. The rest of the cats seem restless, unable to concentrate. They just care for food. They even fight. The 3 of them, all of them white (a mother and the 2 kids) have wild instincts. I hate it when they make war to get the food from the other cats. Thats why I stay there and supervise them, making sure they all get a fair share. The Hobbit might not even go to eat, he will wait until all have eatten and eat what is left. Maybe he is not that special. He knows that I favour him and give him secret pieces of cheese. But what am I talking about? Is food really a way of showing affection? On what is based an affection towards an animal? Regardless of my existential problems, fact is that this cat is different than any other cat, and I see this in his eyes. I see wisdom in his eyes, I just hope it is not old age. In the past I used to spend a lot of time with him, he still knows our old tricks. If I keep my hand about 20 cm higher than him, he jumbs and touches it with his head. Today I was playing with him too, but after a while he scratched my hand. He jumbed and scratched it with his two feet. I know he was just playing but I felt dissapointed that he had forgotten how to behave with my hands. All these cats are wild, so one has to be very careful, they have no sense for what they do with their nails. Hobbit has forgotten and its my fault, because I have stopped playing with him. I talked to him about this, maybe he understood. Who knows.

2 comments:

Miles to go said...

I feel that too sometimes when I post personal comments. However, when I post a truth that exposes a contempt for anything it gets my attention. Or a post that touches on beauty in perpetuity that also gets my attention. And something funny really can get me going. Like your cat Hobbit for instance, he's a real stud and confident too. Imagine hobbit's vanity when he struts in front of other felines with his dribble of cheese hanging from his whiskers and his come hither look. Do you still think it's in his eyes?

admin said...

Hehe,I am not sure, you are probably right but its not very easy to admit it :)). In any case I posted some pictures of him, for the record. :))