Friday, December 09, 2005

Violation of Copyright

There is a first time for everything they say and right now I found accidentaly out that a certain person has stolen two of my itsecurity.gr texts and published them on his website as if he wrote them. I was shocked to see my texts there, firstly because they were not only some quotes, there were whole pages of my site!!! And not even one reference to my site or to the author!!!

I still cannot understand how someone can do such a thing. I worked very hard to create all these texts related to various IT security matters. It has taken a tremendous amount of my time to do research and experiment, and finally publish my conclusions.

Why did I bother actually? I could just copy and paste texts like this person did and look! I have an ITsecurity site within minutes and not within months!!

Of course I will not let this continue, I have sent him and his webhost a warning and consulted my legal advisor. If these texts wont disappear immediately, then he has gotten himyself into really big trouble, for I will pursue my rights in every legal way there exists!

3 comments:

admin said...

Hi Minstrel!

Its nice to hear from you. I emailed the provider of the site and they were very friendly. They also emailed that person and if he doesnt take the pages down in 4 days, they will delete their site! So, this is good news.

Finding the plagiarised site was not difficult since I tracked it in the search engines next to mine, in some cases it was even ranked higher than mine!

Take Care

Indeterminacy said...

Glad you were able to get results. It also shows how impressive your articles were. No one has yet thought of plagiarizing my stuff.

admin said...

Hi Indie,

You dont really want this to happen, or it might have been done and you havent noticed. The thing is, in the vast english speaking world (which is the whole world) there is much more to choose from, if one really wants to steal texts. The greek internet is poor, and if I did something impressive, that was waisting my time writing in detail about these things. Something almost none has done before. My greek writing is horrible, its readable, but has no value as a piece of literature. Its best value is the informative side, which is also not complete.

You know, I might even making this a much greater issue than it really is. Some people just dont understand that publishing a homepage is like publishing a book. Some merely collect texts and images they found and liked, like they would do in their personal drawrer. But can one really be so naive?