Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Which language am I?

My native language (and the one I speak best) is Greek but I dont like reading and writing in Greek. Instead, I keep reading and writing all over the internet in English. On the other hand, I am obliged to read, write and speak in Greek in certain circumstances.

This buffles me and makes me wonder. Sometimes the languages I speak get mixed inside my brain and fight over my mind-domination. Every day the battle wins a different language but in the end... which one will win this peculiar war?

2 comments:

Indeterminacy said...

You are you. You are all of your languages. The sum is a magic total of all the parts.

admin said...

"Magic" might be the only correct word, for I see no logics in this situation. I admire people who speak fluently so many languages without getting confused.