Saturday, June 03, 2006

News, updates, my dream profession and blog

I think now I understand why normal people have no time for much internet. Since I have been working in a regular way, like most normal people do, I can find neither any time nor any mood to update my sites. Although, I do have many plans and ideas, I always need a lot of time to really fulfill them. In addition to that one of my forums was hacked and I am struggling with other forums in order to update them. The updates fail, I am looking for backups, hackers smile at me and chaos prevails!

I drew an interesting conclusion lately when I gave up a site and handed it over to some webdesigner friends. Webdesign is not my thing. I learned to design websites because I had something to say, I learned it as a way of self-expression mostly through writing. Designing sites for other people, who just want to advertise their businesses or products does not excite me and I do not want to be a professional webdesigner. The webdesign industry is almost exclusively dedicated to advertising, which is one of the things I dislike. Besides I am also not an artist and webdesigners need to be able to sketch and draw, even electronically. My fascination is code and not images. Simplicity is beauty but that is not something all those advertisers believe in, instead they prefer to load sites with images and flash programs, all completely unnecessary in my opinion.

So I discovered that my dream-profession would be to write books (writer)! That is what I like to do mostly, to write about everything I read and experience, to write about everything I imagine and feel. Writing is to me also a way of learning, while composing my ITsecurity site I had to do a lot of research. Isn't there a nice saying that goes like this: "We teach the things we want to learn mostly"? Besides one of my favourite things is books, I collect them and have no more space for them unfortunately.

But this will take again a lot of time to get fulfilled. I can imagine myself at the age of 35, 10 years from now, having more experience and knowledge, writing books. Or maybe even later, after the age of 40.

Last weeks blog got a write up pretty late, but nevertheless did well. This weeks blog is a fashion blog with some beautiful pictures. In the authors words:

"European Style Tips

The latest European style tips and fashion trends !"


The author is european, even though she is living in the USA right now.

"Just a little about myself. Although I live in Canada now, I am 100% European and loving it! I have lived in Romania and Switzerland which are two amazing countries. I am passionate about all cultures, and I have been almost everywhere throughout Europe. I have seen amazing fashion and trends and that is why I want to share my knowledge of European fashion with all of you out there. Europe is a completely different world from North America and I want to try to incorporate a little bit of European fashion into the North American style."

Thats all folks! Like Buggs Bunny says! ;)

2 comments:

Indeterminacy said...

(I thought I commented here already - but I guess I didnt).

You're noticing what I've heard a lot about professional photographers who took that career because of being hobby photographers, because in the work for customers, there can be little self-expression: So you have the soul of an artist. You will do welL!

admin said...

You did comment but in an email because blogger had publishing problems again.

Thanks. Lets see, I am planning for things after 10 years... Will we still communicate after 10 years? Will I have a blog in 10 years :D?

LOL