Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Professor I miss

When I was a kid I had an amazing Professor. Funny as it may seem he always wore glasses and reminded me of an owl. He also had a long beard. Below the beard he held a dark red board and used to write in glowing red letters or better said.. numbers. That Professor was an intelligent mathematician but had a very innovative method of teaching me maths: he would always ask questions! Whenever we met I decided the type and level of questions and he would go on asking. If I ever did a mistake he would refuse to go on and kept asking fo the correct answer. My professor and I developed a very intimate relationship with time. A relationship I had completely forgotten about until today. I would take him with me to bed and reply his questions until he had no energy left and I fell asleep! The way he functioned filled me with awe and I marvelled at his abilities. But where has my Professor gone? And why did I forget all about him through all these years? Is he still alive or did someone throw him out on the street? And if I ever find him, will I be able to get a suitable battery for my old and wondrous Professor-Calculator??

These are very serious questions that might unfortunately never get a seriously satisfactory answer..

2 comments:

Indeterminacy said...

I enjoyed your post very much. Slowly I found myself identifying with your professor -- only to discover that he was a calculator!

I have just as fond memories of my calculator. It could run several years on the same set of batteries. I still have it, but never use it anymore.

Maybe Cyberpoirot can help you find it.

admin said...

Hehe... that was the idea ;). I remembered him last night, when I was about to sleep, and switched the computer on again especially to write this. Did you have a professor as well? And I thought mine was unique! But I dont know where he is. You really think that Poirot can help me? I might as well ask him!