Friday, June 09, 2006

PC Problem: Keyboard/Mouse Stuck or Frozen

What do we do when the keyboard and/or the mouse cease to react and freeze in the screen?

So far I have encountered the following possibilities:

1. The battery is empty. In that case... change the batteries!

2. There was a power failure or another power related problem that has blocked the flow of information from the mouse/keyboard to the pc. In that case it is enough to unplug the mouse/keyboard and plug it in again.

3. A printer or another device was on at the time of booting. Dont ask me why this happens but it does happen. Also, some printers may cause the mouse/keyboard to freeze even while working with windows. So far I have encountered this only in windows 98. .In that case it is enough to switch the device off and then on again, or off, reboot and then on again.

2 comments:

Indeterminacy said...

I've had that problem too. When that happens (at work) I just call our system administrator and he does somethig to fix it. At home I just cry. ;-)

admin said...

:)) Yeah but maybe there are other causes for these problems too. If yes, then you can cry. :P :D