Thursday, March 30, 2006

How to cure Insomnia

Since I can remember myself I have been having problems with sleep. These problems have manifested in various ways, the latest one: Insomnia. But! There is hope and I found the cure!

Mathematics! Everynight I solve problems until I cant tell the difference between the numbers. The numbers slowly hypnotize me. When I cant solve any more problems I start reading historical notes about maths and they slowly put me into sleep. I swear that mathematics is so utterly boring that your mind is going to fall asleep immediately, if that is the only way to avoid the torture of numbers.

And yet I have been reading some completely interesting semi-philosophical stuff related to maths, like the fibonacci sequence or the mathematical triangles, or the pythagorian mystical school. Mathematics, music and the mysteries of life are very closely related!

No comments: