Monday, February 06, 2006

8 Qualities of the Perfect Lover

Miles to go tagged me and here we are. (although I am not sure I can find 8 people to tag, seems the whole web has already been ... tagged :D!!!)

Some of these qualities are related to the technical and practical nature of a relationship and some of them to the general aspect.

The perfect lover has to be:

1. a veggie and straight. Its an energy thing, bi-s dont qualify for the same reasons. :))

2. serene, calm, relaxed and cool. I hate it when people get angry and agitated.

3. self-confident. I hate it when people get jealous. It is the biggest plight of the human personality.

4. pleasant and well-mannered. With a sense for the beautiful things of life and the beautiful ways to communicate with people. With a sense for art.

5. wise as a result of intelligence, understanding and a spherical way of observing the world. Good ability of combining and processing information (in his head not in his computer!).

6. like me when it comes to hobbies. We should share at least two common loves for computers, chess, ballet, yoga and the occult (friendship).

7. able to experience deep emotions without being controlled by them.

8. value my freedom of thought and movement. I dont like being critisized for what I do, where I go and what I think and believe.

So...Honestly now, is that much to ask for ???????

7 comments:

Indeterminacy said...

I'm glad you answered this. I wanted to tag you but was a little shy about doing so. *blushes*

It breaks my heart though to know we will never get together. I'm a carnivore. But if I were your lover, I would never leave you for another man.

admin said...

There are things between people that go beyond the physical. Sometimes they even are more rich and satisfying than the complexities that arise from the normal type of personal interaction.

I might be wrong to think this way. But my liking towards few people who have affected me deeply could never be affected by "technical" issues nor would it reduce the gratitude I might feel towards their sole existence.

I wonder how clear it is to you, that, which I want to express... ;)

Indeterminacy said...

You are one of the online friends I know the longest. It has been a very rewarding experience/exchange, though we have never physically met, and have no taste of the experience of personal interaction and what impressions would arise, how it would be to meet each other. Some of what you described captures the ideal of what I want to be. Sometimes I don't meet that ideal. You describe a thoughtful, loving, caring person with artistic sensibilities. (perhaps you read "Haben und Sein" by Erich Fromm?).

In short: I value knowing you and hope we will be friends for a long, long time.

admin said...

:) Me too! :) I agree with what you say and I also value our friendship a lot. :)

PS: I havent read that book, but you make me curious to read it now.

admin said...

rofl!!!!

ehe hari pou to eipes me poly hioumor allios .. ;)

Hello endless... I tag you! Its your turn to do this meme. But I am sure you will not :P. Anyway I tried. :))

Miles to go said...

Virus,

Nelson Algren once wrote “Never eat at a place called Mom’s, never play poker with a guy named Doc and never sleep with a woman whose problems are worse than your own.” Well the sleeping thing goes for women too.

Number 7 is a toughie isn’t it? For many and I include myself, when I am sick or tired or weak or embattled, my emotions would take over and collateral damage could happen. I hope my lover would be forgiving of me. Then again, this is about the perfect love isn’t it?!

admin said...

Thats an interesting quote from Nelson Algren.

Actually number 7 refers to jealousy and being posessive, and to other emotions of course but in their extreme and sick version.

We all get once in a while angry or furious or pissed off. Depressed or happy. This makes us humans. I dont have a problem with that. (Although anger can scare me sometimes.)

But when extreme emotions rule and govern the personality of a person constantly without the use of logics then... no thanks!

The qualities that I listed are very much influenced from what I really dont want to face because I have faced in the past. And I consider one of the worse things one can do: not to let someone go, not because he loves her, but because he is posessive and ego-driven.